Join Rebecca Share & Create an Award Winning Style Floating Headpiece
Award winning Milliner Rebecca Share will step you through the process of how her MYER Fashions on the Field Millinery Award winning 2018 headpiece was made. Participants will then make their very own simplified headpiece version using the same techniques.
Participants will learn how to shape Millinery wire into a floating headpiece style, attach netting, colouring techniques, edge with braid, attach a florist spray, make a handmade Millinery wire headband and attach the headpiece so it appears to float off the head.
The techniques taught in this workshop can be adapted to make hundreds of different shapes and styles as well as be made into floating brims and delicate trims. The options are endless!
Date: Saturday 13th July 2019
Time: 10:00am - 5:00pm (30 minute lunch break included).
Location: Melbourne Hub @ Eastland, Town Square, 175 Maroondah Highway, Ringwood, Vic 3134
Experience Level: Intermediate
What's on offer:
- Learn from Award Winning & renowned Milliner Rebecca Share
- Create a Floating Headpiece to take home
- Learn valuable skills relating to wirework & finishing
- Material Kit provided for $40 (payable on the day) including:
14 Gauge Wire
- Sewing Kit
Sewing Needles (Millinery Straws)
Small/sharp pointy scissors
Pliers (square tip preferred)
- Please purchase the below additional items prior to the commencement of the workshop, and please purchase them in matching colours for a coordinated, effective design:
10m Single Starbright Braid
Gütermann Sew All Thread 500mt spool
UHU Adhesive Glue All Purpose Tube
Lunch is not provided for this class, though there are plenty of restaurants to eat right out side the Melbourne Hub @ Eastland.
To purchase materials for this workshop, please visit House of Adorn by clicking on this LINK.