Join Galina Kofod & Learn to Create EVA Foam Flowers
Participants of this workshop will be introduced to EVA foam. This is an amazing new material used for flower making in Millinery. It is light, waterproof, inexpensive and it can easily be hand-coloured to create beautiful blooms. This workshop involves working through all the stages of the process of creating flowers with EVA Foam. It will include preparation, making patterns, dying, assembling & finishing techniques. With personal tips from Galina, students will acquire the skills necessary to continue making EVA Foam flowers on their own, and on completion of the workshop will have multiple flowers for a headpiece.
Date: Monday 9th July 2018
Time: 10:00am - 5:00
Location: House of Adorn, 15/40 Ricketts Road, Mount Waverley, Vic 3149
Experience Level: Beginner to Advanced
What's on offer:
- Create multiple EVA foam flowers of your design to take home.
- Learn how to make patterns, dye, assemble & finish with EVA Foam.
- Your own copy of professional notes to keep.
- Hot glue gun with glue sticks
- Scissors to cut EVA Foam
- Oil pastel crayons or soft pastels
- Bath towel
- Handkerchief (thin)
- Several small pieces of sponge
- Florist wire (26-28 gauge)
- 10-15 sheets of white paper
- 2-3 jars or plastic cups for water
- EVA Foam sheets
- Bicycle or gym gloves (without slippery surfaces)
- 450 Craft Glue
- Flower stamens
- Aluminium kitchen foil (piece at least 30cm)
- Thin disposable gloves
To purchase materials for this workshop, please visit House of Adorn by clicking on this LINK.
Please note that lunch is not supplied for this workshop, though there will be a 30 minute break.