Join Galina Kofod & Learn to Create Leather Flowers
Participants of this workshop will learn all stages of the process of creating flowers from Leather. This will include the preparation of materials, making patterns, dying materials, assembling & finishing techniques. Students will learn how to work with a wide range of Japanese flower making tools & in turn learn how to make beautiful, realistic looking flowers from leather.
Students will acquire the skills to continue making Leather flowers on their own, and will leave the class with a finished flower of their own design.
Date: Sunday July 8th 2018
Time: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Location: House of Adorn, 15/40 Ricketts Road, Mount Waverley, Vic 3149
Experience Level: Beginner to Advanced
What's on offer:
- Create a handmade Leather Flower of your own design.
- Learn to use Japanese Flower Making Tools.
- Learn how to make patterns, dye, assemble & finish with Leather.
- Your own copy of professional notes to keep.
- Soldering iron (30-40 W)
- Pencil & pen
- Scissors (for cutting leather)
- 2 pieces of cotton material (bed sheet thickness, 30cm min.)
- A piece of soft foam-rubber for making leather flowers (15cm min.)
- Small, disposable paint brush
- Florist wire (N26-32)
- Strong, quick drying clear glue (not PVA)
- 20-30 sheets of white paper
- The correct screwdriver for your soldering iron to change your tools
- A plate to put hot tools on
- Bath towel
- Flower making Millinery tools for soldering iron
- Florist wire cutters
- Flower stamens
- Hair dryer
- Aluminium kitchen foil (piece at least 30cm)
- Styrofoam ball (no bigger than 1")
To purchase materials for this workshop, please visit House of Adorn by clicking on this LINK.
Please note that lunch is not supplied for this workshop, though there will be a 30 minute lunch break.