Join Galina Kofod & Learn to Create Leather Flowers
Participants will go through all the stages of the process of creating flowers from the leather.
This will include preparation of materials, making patterns, dying materials, assembling and finishing techniques.
Students will learn how to work with a wide range of Japanese style flower making tools.
The students will learn in detail how to make a beautiful realistic looking flower from leather.
The students will acquire the skills to start making leather flowers for themselves.
Depending on their progress, students can choose to make various roses including Old English Rose, Chrysanthemum, Poppy, Clematis, Dahlia, Orchid, Sunflower, Lily, Peony & Magnolia.
All these flowers are very distinct and in making them students have to use various elements of flower making techniques.
They will learn to modify exisiting patterns and design their own flowers.
At the end of class everybody will have at least one ready to wear leather flower of their own design.
Date: Saturday 6th July 2019
Time: 10:00am - 5:00pm (30min break)
Location: 23 Maui Crescent, Oxenford, QLD 4210
Experience Level: Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced
What's on offer:
- Create a handmade Leather Flower of your own design.
- Learn how to make patterns, dye, assemble & finish with Leather.
- Your own copy of professional notes to keep.
- Several thin (1mm thick or less is ideal) pieces of leather (goat, sheep, deer or kangaroo)
- At least 2 pieces of leather in 2 different colours (30cm square); one is for petals and the other for leaves and stem
- If you can't bring your own leather, you can purchase a kit on the day for $25 which will be enough for 1 flower
- Soldering Iron Wand MUST be able to fit Galina's tools if you don't have your own (recommend style HERE)
- Pencil & pen
- Scissors to cut leather
- Disposable, medium (0.25-0.5 inch) paintbrush
- 2 pieces of cotton material (bed sheet thickness) 30cm minimum
- 1 piece of soft foam rubber, 15cm square, minimum 5cm thickness
- Flower making tools heads for the soldering iron is desirable but not essential
- Wire cutters
- Flower stamens
- Long nosed pliers
- Thin wooden skewer
To purchase materials for this workshop, please visit House of Adorn by clicking on this LINK.
Lunch is provided for this workshop and there is parking available onsite.