Learn to Create Sculptural Form with Powertex
Are you interested in Wearable Art?
Artist Ashley Hay has been a finalist in the Wearable Art Mandurah Competition in 2014 & 2016 with highly sculptural garments created with Powertex.
In this workshop you will explore a range of innovative techniques for creating sculptural form and texture for Wearable Art, using the Powertex medium.
Discover endless applications for Millinery, Cosplay and the Theatrical industry as you create a headpiece experimenting with Powertex Liquid sculpting medium, cardboard, fabric, paper, wire, alfoil, and masking tape.
Come along and be inspired...get hands on and go home armed with ideas!!!
Date: Saturday July 14 2018
Time: 10:00am - 4:30pm
Location: House of Adorn, 15/40 Ricketts Road, Mount Waverley, Vic, 3149
What's on offer:
- Leave the workshop with an experimental headpiece.
- Professional notes to keep.
- Be the first to learn how to use the new and exciting medium that is Powertex.
- Transferrable skills that can be used on a range of projects.
- Old hand towel
- Old fabric scissors
- A selection of fabrics & "bling" that you would like to try with Powertex (absorbent non-plastic materials are best)
- A Hat Block or Mannequin Head
- An old piece or hat to explore with
- Powertex will be available for purchase at House of Adorn on the day of the workshop.
Samples of materials are included, and additional materials are available to purchase from House of Adorn during the workshop.
SPECIAL OFFER: $50 OFF when you purchase this workshop & the Photo Transfers Mixed Media with Powertex Workshop. Discount automatically applied at check out.
To purchase materials for this workshop, please visit House of Adorn by clicking on this LINK.
Can't make this day?
Please note that lunch is not supplied for this workshop, though there will be a 30min lunch break.
It was a great afternoon. Ashley's tutorial was interesting, FUN and she was a genius with ideas, production and enthusiasm.