“It’s All About the Block”
Four Divisional winners will receive a Hat Block Australia Voucher for $250. The overall winner will receive an additional voucher for $750
Entries are open in three divisions: Ladies’ Hats, Men’s Hats, Racing Hats, and Extravaganza.
All entries must be created using a block made by Hat Blocks Australia. An entry form, and a photograph of both your hat AND the Hat Blocks Australia block it was created (with logo showing please) with must be submitted along with your entry.
All entry forms and photos must be received by close of business Monday July 3rd, 2018.
ALL ENTRIES MUST email a copy of your entry form and photo to: email@example.com
You can mail your hat (with a copy of your entry form) to:
Hat Blocks Australia Hat Competition
C/- Morgana Creely
PO Box 273
Bentleigh East Victoria 3165
Drop your hat off in person at the Hat Blocks Australia Hat display as part of Hat Week Australia at the St John's Anglican Church Hall, 624 Centre Road, Bentleigh East 3165 on Saturday July 7th between 10.30 and 12 noon ONLY. Entries after this time will not be accepted.
By submitting your competition entry you are agreeing to the rules and terms and conditions below, and that you are giving permission for your photographs to be posted on social media and on the Hat Blocks Australia website.
Terms and Conditions:
- Closing date for all entry forms and photos is 5 pm Monday July 3rd, 2018.
- A photograph clearly showing the hat entry and the Hat Blocks Australia Block (logo showing) must be submitted for your entry to be valid.
- Entries will be displayed at the Hat Blocks Australia Display at the St John’s Anglican Church, East Bentleigh on Saturday July 7th and Sunday July 8th.
- Judging will be by Hat Blocks Australia and guest judges of their choice.
- Hat Blocks Australia reserves the right to change the competition division an entry has nominated if it feels the entry is more suited to another division.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners will be notified via email on Monday July 10th, and announced online as soon afterwards as possible.
- Return of the hats is the responsibility of the entrants. Please ensure that return postage costs (Stamps or money order made out to Darryll Osborne) are included in an envelope along with your entry.
- Hat Blocks Australia is not responsible for any damage incurred during the transit of your entries. If you are concerned we encourage you to insure your entries.
- By entering in to this contest you agree with all the terms and conditions above.
Points will be awarded for each of the following criteria:
- Creativity & originality
- Workmanship & degree of difficulty.
- Quality of the skills shown.
- Visual appeal & impact.
- And use of the block.