Join Carole Maher for an Advanced Masterclass in Blocking with Fosshape & Leather
Learn how to achieve a professional finish when blocking leather and fosshape to create the smoothest, strongest & lightest headpieces and hats.
Learn all the techniques, skill sets and tips for working with these materials.
In this class, you will finish a leather blocked hat or headpiece with trim using the most advanced techniques and materials.
You will also have the opportunity to preview new materials including metalised thermoformables.
Date: Friday 5th July 2019
Time: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Location: Melbourne Hub @ Eastland, Town Square, 175 Maroondah Highway, Ringwood, Vic 3134
Experience Level: Intermediate & Advanced
What's on offer:
- Learn the necessary skills to create a beautiful, professional finish when working with leather & Fosshape.
- Leave the workshop with a completed hat or headpiece.
- Preview exciting new materials.
- Milliners sewing kit
- 1m Fosshape 300
- 1 sheet HatbondCM
- A piece of nappa leather (thin & stretchy)
- Small crown or button hat block
- 1-1.2mm millinery wire
- Petersham ribbon
- Leather sewing needles, small size
**Please note - it is required that you have done at least a beginners class in thermoplastic or have worked extensively with Fosshape to be able to take part in this workshop.
To purchase materials for this workshop, please visit House of Adorn by clicking on this LINK.