Join Liza Stedman & learn to Sculpt with Parisisal
In this workshop you will create a unique, handmade hat or headpiece using Parisisal. The high quality of Parisisal Straw allows for a freehand, sculptured shape & provides the opportunity to create your own unique creativity & style. Techniques learned will include blocking, hand stitching & working with wire. It is recommended that you think beforehand about style & colour, and bring pictures to inspire you. This workshop has been designed specifically to introduce the basic traditional techniques of Millinery & sculptural use of Parisisal and to access & enjoy the art of Millinery.
Date: Saturday July 7th 2018
Time: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Location: House of Adorn, 15/40 Ricketts Road, Mount Waverley, Vic 3149
Experience Level: Beginner to Advanced
What's on offer:
- Create a handmade hat or headpiece using Parisisal.
- Learn to block a raw material.
- Learn finishing techniques including stitching & wire work.
- Your own copy of professional notes to keep.
- Parisisal Capeline
- Sinamay Dome
- 3m Cotton Covered Wire
- 1m Petersham Ribbon to match Parisisal Straw
- Dressmaking pins
- Pliers (for cutting wire)
- Small bottle of clear craft glue
- Sewing needles
- Tape measure
To purchase materials for this workshop, please visit House of Adorn by clicking on this LINK.
Please note that lunch is not supplied for this workshop.