Join Carole Maher & learn to use Perspex for Millinery
Discover the world of perspex/plexiglass/acrylic and how to use it to the best advantage of Millinery. Learn how to create your own headpieces, trim for bags, shoes & even jewellery. This is not just an assembly class, it is a full "how to" workshop including cutting, drilling, scraping, flame polishing & chemical welding.
You will create one or two headpieces in this workshop using pre laser-cut perspex designs; geometric shapes, flowers, leaves, headbands, feathers etc. in different fluro & transparent colours. There will also be an hour of creating your own perspex hat stands using pre-cut pieces.
Students will be competent in working with all types of acrylic from scratch to finished pieces. They will also gain knowledge and confidence in creating laser cut pieces for Millinery, jewellery, bag and shoe trim. They will learn to cut, polish & flame edge perspex to join pieces using jewellery findings & chemical bonding.
Date: Monday July 9th 2018
Time: 10:00am - 5:00pm (you are welcome to stay for a chat & drink until 6:00pm)
Location: EJ Ward Community Centre, 189 Underwood St, Paddington 2021 NSW (please note there is minimal parking at this location).
Experience Level: Beginner to Advanced
What's on offer:
- Workshop Participation ($275) + Perspex Kit ($50)
- Learn to work with Perspex & materials as listed above.
- Create one or two headpieces to take home.
- Lunch will be supplied.
- Your own copy of professional notes to keep.
- Head block on a stand (wood, not poly)
- Pliers, flat nosed, no ridges
- Heat proof gloves, smooth finish like tight leather gloves
- Millinery Wire
- Hat Elastic
- Heat Gun or a "paper embossing heat tool"
- Masking tape
- Elastic Bands in range of sizes
- Blocking Pins
- Full Kit of Perspex Materials supplied on the day
Please note there is minimal parking at the location.
To purchase materials for this workshop, please visit House of Adorn by clicking on this LINK.