Join Miss Haidee Millinery & Create a piece with Plumage
In this workshop you will learn the process of creating a headpiece using Ostrich Feathers on Fringe. Students will have access to examples, discussion and explanation of the construction. They will also draw their design outcome and learn techniques for illustration & drawing the face. There will be the opportunity to block a foundation from Fosshape or Paris/Dior Net which you will then hand sew the Ostrich Feathers to.
Date: Sunday 8th July 2018
Time: 9:30am - 3:00pm
Location: 66 Hampden Road, Battery Point, Tasmania, 7004
Experience Level: Beginner to Advanced
What's on offer:
- Learn to create a headpiece using Ostrich Plumage
- Access to discussion & demonstration of Millinery & Illustration techniques.
- Learn about the history of feathers & the origins of plumage in Millinery.
- Tea & Cake provided.
- Leave the work shop with a completed piece.
- Complimentary Hat Box for your piece.
- Opportunity to attend FREE professional photo shoot for you work (see below).
- Hand Sewing Needles
- 3.5m Ostrich on Fringe in your chosen colour(s)
- Cotton to match your work
- Paris or Dior Net
- Millinery Wire
To purchase materials for this workshop, please visit House of Adorn by clicking on this LINK.
Please note this workshop doesn't include lunch, however it is just a few metres from a world renowned bakery!