Join Miss Haidee Millinery & Create a Satin Beaded Cocktail Hat
In this workshop you will learn the process of creating a Beaded Cocktail Hat, as well as detail into the techniques required to do so & the history behind how the Cocktail Hat has evolved. In her lovely, natural lit studio Haidee will discuss & explain the materials you will be using and will demonstrate techniques such as blocking, beading and lining a piece. You will have the chance to select a block from the collection at the studio to use before working through each step in creating your hat. You will leave the workshop with a completed (or mostly completed; may need to continue beading at home) piece.
Date: Tuesday July 10th 2018
Time: 9:30am - 3:30pm
Location: 66 Hampden Road, Battery Point, Tasmania, 7004
Experience Level: Intermediate to Advanced
What's on offer:
- Learn to create a Satin Beaded Cocktail Hat from start to finish.
- Access to discussion & demonstration of Millinery techniques.
- Tea & Cake provided.
- Leave the work shop with a completed piece.
- Access to a library of Hat Blocks to use for this class.
- Opportunity to attend FREE professional photo shoot for you work (see below).
- Pearls, Beads & Crystals
- 1m of Silk or Satin (should be lightweight; not opaque)
- Cotton to match your silk
- Beading & standard hand sewing needles
- Hat elastic to match your hair colour
- 20cm of fabric for lining (soft; not opaque)
- Fosshape 300
To purchase materials for this workshop, please visit House of Adorn by clicking on this LINK.