Join SilkyFlora & Learn Japanese Silk Flower Making
In this workshop you will learn how to create Japanese Silk Flowers with a trained designer, focusing on an understated style & careful eye for detail. You will learn the ins and outs of working with silk and other delicately treated fabrics and their properties.
You will be pleasantly delighted with the stunning silk flower you create for yourself to take home & use however you like (though this workshop will focus on a headpiece or brooch).
Your experienced tutor will teach you the Japanese method "Somebana" of making flowers with special brass flower making tools.
Date: Wednesday 11 July 2018
Time: 10:00am - 4:00pm (30 minute lunch break included)
Location: Walkley Heights, SA (you will be contacted upon booking for exact address)
What's on offer:
- Learn the skillfull & traditional method of "Somebana" Japanese flower making.
- Professional notes to keep.
- Leave the workshop with your own creation & design to take home and use how you like.
- Invaluable skills that can be used forever!
*Fabrics are supplied/included with workshop cost*
- Florist Wire 26 Gauge
- Silk Dyes & Brushes
- Scissors for cutting Silk
- Glue PVA
- Glue Gun
- Brass Flower Making Tools
- 30W Soldering Iron
To purchase materials for this workshop, please visit House of Adorn by clicking on this LINK.
Please note that this workshop doesn't include lunch, though there will be a 30 minute break to eat.